Subscribe To RSS
Opinion
Videos
Advert Rates
Contact Us
Show Menu
Home
Headline News
Economy
Politics
Energy
Foreign
Sport
Entertainment
Interview
WIKE VOWS DISCIPLINARY ACTION OVER UNAUTHORIZED SCHOOL CLOSURES IN THE FCT
November 26
13:59
2025
by The Ajasa News
Print This Article
…As he inspects ongoing infrastructure projects in Guzape II District
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Barr. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, on Wednesday, November 26, 2025, issued a stern warning that officials responsible for the unauthorized closure of schools in the FCT will face severe disciplinary action in accordance with Civil Service rules.
Barr. Wike gave the warning while addressing journalists shortly after inspecting the ongoing provision of infrastructure in Guzape II District in Abuja.
The Minister expressed shock and disappointment over the unauthorized notice of school closure issued by officials of the FCTA Education Secretariat, adding that the Mandate Secretary for Education, Danlami Hayyo was already on an indefinite suspension following the incident.
“I was watching the television last night and I saw a news scroll that the FCTA had directed that schools should be shut down and I couldn’t believe it. I had to call the Mandate Secretary of Education and of course he couldn’t reply,” the Minister stated. “I even got to know that a circular was issued to all the schools without our approval.”
Barr. Wike emphasized that security agencies were working round the clock to ensure the safety of lives and property in the nation’s capital .
“You can imagine how people will take such a decision without the head of the place knowing. It’s unfortunate… Heads have to roll. We will not forgive anybody who is involved in this”, the Minister stated.
He vehemently dismissed the suggestion that the action was taken as a precaution, stating that he, being the Minister, could not even take such a decision without informing the President.
The Minister confirmed that the Directors involved in the decision will be sanctioned according to Civil Service rules.
Speaking on the infrastructure development drive in Guzape II District (Cadastral Zone A11), the Minister reaffirmed the commitment of the Administration to completing inherited projects to expand the city and facilitate development.
He explained that the Guzape II project, awarded six years ago, had been stalled due to lack of funding, adding that its completion is vital to enable plot owners to begin construction.
“Most of the jobs you see us doing are jobs that have been awarded years back before the inception of this administration in 2023. The government thought it fit in order to expand Abuja,” Barr. Wike said.
He also revealed that the Federal Executive Council (FEC) had awarded the contract for the provision of infrastructure in Maitama II, a project that had also been stalled for years, causing property owners to lack access to their land.
The Minister assured that owners of any existing structure affected by the ongoing construction exercise would be duly compensated and relocated in line with the policy of the FCT Administration.
Article "tagged" as:
Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike
Danlami Hayyo
FCTA
Categories:
Headline News
view more articles
About Article Author
The Ajasa News
View More Articles
view more articles
Related Articles
Terror war: DHQ says Nigerian military not relenting despite recent setbacks
Sanwo-Olu defies rain, leads clean up of Lagos
Amotekun: EKSG seeks traditional institution’s support recruitment exercise
write a comment
0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be the one to
start a conversation
.
Add a Comment
Click here to cancel reply.
Comment:
*
Nickname
*
E-mail
*
Website
Close Window
Loading, Please Wait!
This may take a second or two.
Translate »