by The Ajasa News | November 27, 2025 7:25 pm
The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Barr. Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has reaffirmed the Administration’s commitment to completing major ongoing road projects across the territory, expressing satisfaction with the pace and quality of work so far.
Speaking to journalists on Thursday, November 27, 2025, after inspecting three major projects—the emergency reconstruction of the Karu Road, the construction of the Outer Southern Expressway (OSEX), and the Collector Road CN2 in Katampe—Wike said all projects have been slated for completion by June 2026. According to him, they will form part of the infrastructural milestones to be commissioned during President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s third anniversary in office.
Wike noted the enthusiastic reception by residents at each project site, describing it as proof that the Renewed Hope Agenda is delivering visible improvements across the FCT.
“The whole essence of governance is to make people happy,” he said. “What we are seeing today shows residents appreciate the massive infrastructure being rolled out across the city.”
The Minister highlighted the significant progress on projects in Karu, Gishiri, and the OSEX corridor leading from Apo to Wasa, all of which he said would be ready for inauguration next year.
Looking ahead, Wike disclosed that the FCT Administration would focus heavily on completing existing projects rather than initiating new ones.
“In 2026, we are not likely to introduce new projects,” he stated. “It’s a political year, and we want to ensure that every project we have started is fully completed.”
He also provided updates on education and health interventions, noting that procurement for new health centres had commenced and more education projects were in the pipeline.
On the Karu Road corridor, Wike issued a firm warning concerning illegal structures blocking water channels. He said such buildings would be removed to prevent flooding and other hazards. Although the structures violate building regulations, he announced that the Administration would provide some financial cushioning to affected residents.
In one of the most decisive announcements of the day, the Minister revealed that the long-abandoned 13.2-kilometre Apo–Karshi road project, first awarded in 2011, had been terminated and re-awarded under emergency procurement to Salini Construction Company (SCC). He said the renewed project will help decongest the Abuja–Keffi expressway and ease movement for thousands of commuters.
“If you go there now, you will see that SCC has already started work,” he noted. “We cannot continue to play politics with the welfare of the people.”
Wike further disclosed that SCC had also begun work on a new Bwari–Kubwa road to serve as an alternative to the Bwari–Dutse route.
The Minister assured residents that with the renewed drive, 2026 will be a significantly better year for infrastructure, social services, and overall development in the FCT.
Source URL: https://theajasanews.com/wike-reassures-residents-of-speedy-completion-of-key-road-projects-says-apo-karshi-road-to-be-revived/
Copyright ©2025 TheAjasaNews unless otherwise noted.